Allen Z.Y. Xue, Ph.D.
Allen Xue’s practice emphasizes patent prosecution, patent transactions, and strategic counseling.
He has addressed inventions in process chemistry (e.g., petrochemical & fuel processing), organic chemistry (e.g., pharmaceutical compounds), material science & metallurgy (e.g., polymer, heterogeneous catalysis), medical devices (e.g., heart stent, robotic surgical instruments), electromechanical devices (e.g., reactors, oil field services equipment), and clean energy technologies (e.g. exhaust treatment, fuel cell technologies).
Other areas of Allen’s practice include due diligence investigation, opinions writing regarding patent infringement and validity, and IP management counseling.
Allen also has significant experience in litigation, including participating in two high profile 337 investigations at the International Trade Commission.
Allen has extensive experience as an engineer and a researcher, having served a combined eight years in the petrochemical industry and the renewable energy industry. Towards the end of his tenure in industry, Allen also served as an in-house IP manager.
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Opinion
- Trademark Prosecution
- IP Litigation
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology
- American Chemical Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association